- Press Release
- Episode Summary
- Episode Previews
- Episode Stills
- Character Appearances
- Important Events
Season 1 Episode 1 – Pilot (17 February 2014)
WHEN THE ALIENS LANDED… – When Emery Whitehill (Aimee Teegarden, “Friday Night Lights”) was 6 years old, an alien spacecraft crash-landed in her small town and she met Roman (Matt Lanter, “90210″), a 6-year old Atrian boy, who sought refuge with her before being taken away by the authorities. Ten years later, the two are reunited as the first group of Atrian teens is about to enroll in high school in a widely scrutinized social experiment to see if humans and Atrians can live in peace. Both Emery and Roman are surprised at the small-mindedness of their respective communities. Roman’s sister, Sophia (Brina Palencia), is excited to make new friends, but their fellow Atrians, Teri (Chelsea Gilligan, “Big Time Rush”) and Drake (Greg Finley, “The Secret Life of the American Teenager”), openly distrust all humans. The human students are equally wary of the aliens, especially the school’s queen bee Taylor (Natalie Hall, “Pretty Little Liars”). Kind-hearted Grayson (Grey Damon, “Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters”) is drawn to Emery but has a secret that could threaten their new friendship. Only two of Emery’s friends – Julia (Malese Jow, “The Vampire Diaries”) and Lukas (Titus Makin, Jr., “Glee”), seem able to accept the Atrians. Emery and Roman find themselves drawn together again but outside forces work hard to keep them apart. Gary Fleder directed the episode written by Meredith Averill (#101).
Star-Crossed follows the epic romance between Roman, an Alien, and Emery, a Human. While the world around them rages with anger and prejudice, their bond becomes increasingly strong and increasingly dangerous. Can Roman and Emery’s love – and peace between the species – survive?
Character Appearances (In Order)
- Roman (Young)
- Michelle Whitehill
- Ray Whitehill
- Emery Whitehill (Young)
- Emery Whitehill (Present Day)
- Gloria Valdez
- Principal Saul Weston
- Grayson Montrose
- Roman (Present Day)
- Julia’s Mother
- Julia’s Father
Eric: (to Grayson) Dude, she chose a Tattie over you – own it.
- Screencaps > Season 1 > 1.01 Pilot
- Zip Download (413.01 MB)
- Screencaps > Episode Previews > 1.01 Pilot – 5 Minute Sneak Peek (720p Logofree)
- Screencaps > Episode Previews > 1.01 Pilot – Clip
Civil Twilight “Human”
- Scene: (04:04) (10 Years Earlier) Emery takes food to Roman, who is hiding in the family barn. They bond while Emery teaches Roman how to make string figures.
Fitz & the Tantrums “Break the Walls”
- Scene: (05:51) (10 Years Later) Emery listens to music while running.
Carter Burwell “Who Are They” Twilight Score
- Scene: (09:12) Lukas walks Emery through the clique’s at Marshall High. Grayson and Emery see each other for the first time.
Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Let the Day Begin
- Scene: (09:50) The Atrian Seven arrive at Marshall High.
James Newton Howard “Scan Her Again” I Am Legend Soundtrack
- Scene: (11:07) Roman sees Emery for the first time in 10 years.
Santigold “Disparate Youth”
- Scene: (12:42) The Atrian Seven head to their lockers, only to discover they have been tagged.
- Scene: (17:45) Drake orders lunch in the school cafeteria. Meanwhile, Taylor invites Emery to a party.
- Scene: (23:45) Emery and Julia wander The Sector after sneaking in.
Dan Croll “From Nowhere”
- Scene: (34:39) Emery and Grayson chat at the party.
Civil Twilight “Human” (Repeat)
- Scene: (37:59) Emery and Roman share a moment before they are interrupted by an urgent phone call from Emery’s mother.
Digital Daggers “Age of Aquarius” Cover
- Scene: (39:30) Emery sits by Julia’s side while she fights for life. Roman makes a choice he cannot come back from. An altercation at The Sector results in tragedy.
- Reviews: Star-Crossed 1.01 Pilot Advanced Reviews Round-Up Various Dates
- Review: Star-Crossed 1.01 Pilot – 4 Stars (New York Daily News) 13 February 2014
- Review: Star-Crossed 1.01 Pilot – TheDailyPage 13 February 2014
- Review: Star-Crossed 1.01 Pilot & 1.02 These Violent Delights Have Violent Ends – AVClub (Rating: B) 17 February 2014
- Review: Star-Crossed 1.01 Pilot – Gazette (Rating: B+) 17 February 2014
- Review: Star-Crossed 1.01 Pilot – TVFanatic (Rating: 4 / 5) 17 February 2014
19,184 total views, 56 views today